letter E A letter R IMG_5737_6 H letter W letter O Golden R letter M

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tool #9

I downloaded Jing and went through this short tutorial:  http://www.screencast.com/t/M2RhNDE2
to learn how to use the basic capture feature. The Jing Help Center tutorials show you how to capture and image and how to capture a video with a 5 minute time-limit.
I tried Jing out and recorded myself trying to retrace the steps I used on PhotoStory to create my California Christmas story  for Tool #7. Then I saved the movie on Screencast, retrieved the file number and posted it here...hope it worked.
 http://www.screencast.com/users/GenaOlson/folders/Default/media/883a1e00-e80d-42da-8a8e-301b77df7a43
I have not used Skype yet, but we will  in the near future to keep in touch with friends who are moving away. I can see the benefit of using Skype to connect to other learning communities in other districts in Houston and across the state or the country to share results on studies about  common topics. This would benefit all students.

No comments:

Post a Comment