letter E A letter R IMG_5737_6 H letter W letter O Golden R letter M

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tool #10

I browsed through the iPod and iPhone education related apps and there were many that would benefit the students: Dictionary.com, Tangrampuzzle pro, Google Earth, Planet, Sove24, BrainPop, etc. With such a wide number of choices, as a teacher, I need to familiarize myself with as many apps as possible and choose what would be educationally beneficial to my students. Access, user-friendlyness and convenience are not the deciding criteria, but relevance to instruction and learning like any other tool, whether it be iPods, iTouches, manipulatives, the computer, active board, workstations, etc.  I look forward to exploring these apps in the classroom and getting ideas and feedback from my grade level on tried and true apps that will add to the classroom. Here, I think, a balanced diet is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment